Cities, churches, businesses, libraries and farmers are hosting a variety of Halloween and harvest-themed events throughout Broward, Miami-Dade and Palm beach County for all ages. Most are free. Some double as fundraisers. Here is a list of events happening in Broward County.
- Stranahan House
- Saturday, October 29
- 10:30 AM – 12:30 PM
Join the Stranahan House Museum for a family friendly Halloween party perfect for your little ghosts and goblins! The day will include an edible craft project, storytelling, costume parade and contests, free child safety ID kits and a visit from the Fort Lauderdale Mounted Police Unit. For reservations, call (954) 534-4736 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Esplanade Park
- Saturday, October 29
- 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
- Bass Park 2750 NW 19 Street
- Friday Oct. 28,2011
- Croissant Park 245 W. Park Drive
- Saturday October 29,2011 4-6pm
- Family Fun activities,contests,prizes and food
- Ghosts and Goblins Family Fun Night, pumpkin photo area
- 201 Lyons Road South, Coconut Creek,
- FL. Phone: 954-970-0150.
- Open: Saturday before Halloween in October (Call to confirm!) from 6-8 PM
- Fun, games, prizes, a costume contest, plus arts and crafts and a photo area with pumpkins in it for a nominal fee.
- The evening concludes with an age-appropriate story. Ages 2-10.
- Pumpkin patch
- 8650 W. Sample Road, Coral Springs, FL 33065. Phone: 954-752-0333.
- Open: Weekday hours are 12 pm to 8 pm and 10 am to 9 pm on weekends
- Harvest Fall Events
- 1630 Hollywood Blvd., Hollywood, FL 33020.
- Phone: 954-922-8558.
- October 15 through 31st.
- Mon. through Sat.: 9:30am to Dusk Sun. 11am to Dusk.
- Free Story Time Oct. 19 2:30 – 3:30 p.m.
- Movie at the Patch Bring your blanket! Sat., Oct. 22 at 7p.m.
- Family Fall Festival Friday, Oct. 28 from 5pm–8p.m
- Fall Festival, featuring an extensive Pumpkin Patch and Harvest Market,
- Entire month of October;
- Horse-drawn Hayrides and petting zoo
- Complimentary Face Painting by Famous Curley Sue,
- Halloween Weekend is the Grand Finale, with Hayrides and Face Painting on Friday, Saturday and Sunday!!.
- 1655 Flamingo Road, Davie, FL 33325.
- Phone: 954-476-7878. Open: Every Day, from 8 am to 6 pm.
- 401 SW Second Street, Fort Lauderdale
- October 28, 2006 10:00 am to 5:00 p.m.
- October 29, 2006 12:00 pm to 6:00 p.m.
Celebrate Halloween Week at the Museum with frighteningly fun crafts and gruesome games. October 29 – 31, 2010 – Enjoy three days of gross fun!
- Community Event
- 5600 Coral Ridge Dr, Coral Springs
- 10/31/2010 at 6-8pm.
This safe alternative to Halloween will provide games, bounce house, hot dog dinners, FREE candy, popcorn and snow cones. You can come in costume, too.
- 3801 S. Pine Island Road, Davie
- Phone: 954-797-1076.
- Sunday, October 30, 2011, 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm.
- South Florida Trail Riders Horse Costume Contest
- For a fee: Halloween Pumpkin Patch, Snacks and Food
- Free: Bounce Houses, Climbing Wall, Spooky Music w/ DJ
- Petting Farm. Fun Costume Contest for Kids of all Ages!
- Sands and Spurs Equestrian Park Saturday
- Oct.22 10am-3pm
- 10:00 am-3:00 pm
- 1600 NE 5TH Ave. Pompano Beach Fl, 33060 (North Side of the Good Year Blimp Base)
Join us at 2:00 PM for a public costume contest. Win a trophy! Public welcome to join us for pony rides, mini horses, hay rides, bounce house, ghoulish games, pumpkin patch, freaky fun and frightening food! Wear your costume
- October 28, 2011
- 7:00 PM – 9:30 PM
- Enjoy a hayride around the park and a marshmallow roast around a campfire.
- Advance ticket purchase required.
- For more information or reservations 954-357-5100
- Fees: $3.50 per person, includes one hayride and one bag of s’mores fixings
- Elmo’s Halloween Party
- October 28th, 2011 4-6pm
- Puppet Show by Simply Puppets
- Glow in the Dark Art Activities
- Not So Scary Hunted House, Treats,Games and Much More
- Free Child Admission to Kids Dressed as Elmo
- Friday October 28, 2011
- from 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Tequesta Trace Park 600 Indian Trace, Weston
Action-packed, safe Trick-or-Treating event and don’t forget to wear your cutest or spookiest costume. bounce houses, Obstacle Course, Arts and Crafts activities and much more! The Broward Sheriff’s Office Highlights include: helicopters, fire engines and rescue trucks, police motorcycle units, SWAT, K9 Demonstration and the Presidential Limousine. Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital will have their mascot “Joey D”, face stamping, a Teddy Bear Clinic, Safety Prize Wheel, arts and crafts, character appearances.
Family Hayride and Campfire (event continues Nov.4, Dec.9 & Jan 6.)
- October 21, 2011
- 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
- Enjoy a fun evening with family and friends with a hayride throughout park
- Roast marshmallows over the campfire and make s’mores.
- Fee includes hayride and s’mores kit
- Saturday, October 29, 2011
- The Fort Lauderdale Road Runners have scheduled a 5K event starting at 7 a.m. and running till noon.
- There will also be a fitness walk and a program for youngsters.
- Check the organization’sWebsite for details, call 954-245-9015, or e-mail email@example.com.
Check here for further Halloween Happenings in Broward County.
Next: Miami-Dade County